Punto 55 SX gears sticking

Please can anyone help!!?? My gears keep sticking mainly in 1st and 2nd, If i try and drop to 2nd it jams in neutral then if I've stopped at a junction
or roundabout I can't get it into 1st to move off again. It doesn't happen all the time it's happens maybe 3 out of 5 drives. I have to stop the car put on my hazards,take foot off the clutch and just wait till it goes in again.Have just had a full service and the gearbox oil has been changed and it still sticks.Have had car for nearly a year with 66,000 miles on clock and it's only been happening for about a month.Please any suggestions?????
Linkage problem.
Had this on our Punto HGT.
Put the gear lever in neutral. Now move the gear lever to each of the gate positions 1, 3, 5 and R (but don't select the gear, i.e. push forwards or backwords). Now quickly release the gear lever. It should rapidly spring back to the 2/3 neutral rest position.
The gear selection is cable driven by two cable. One does the forward/backwars the other the lateral. This lateral cable connects to an arm/actuator assembly on top of the gearbox. This is just a simple steel shaft in an alloy housing and in siezes up. The are cheap to buy and easy to replace.
When I got my new one I dismantelled it and re-assembled it with MRM/molly grease on the shaft before refitting.
Nick /////

Thanks very much for that, having a neighbour looking at it this weekend.Didn't want to take to a garage unless I really had to as I think they see me coming!!!
Finally got gear box looked at, the problem was a small valve which had leaked and made the clutch lose pressure. Was a small job and was pretty cheap.

Thanks for the update. You did say if the gear lever was sticking as I commented. Could have taken the diagnosis further for you! :-)
Nick /////