Punto Air Con

Hi,
Does anyone know if the gas for the air con is under the 3 year warranty?
With the weather getting warmer(ish), I've been using the air con and have
noticed no effect when it is off or is on. So i think I need a recharge of gas. I've only had it since November last year (2nd owner), Y reg 2001. So my warranty is up in October.
If its not, anyone know a place that'll do it for me cheaply in the Edinburgh Area.
Any help appreciated.
TIA
John
I am sorry I do not know the answer to either question but I can tell you that I paid 45.00 cash to have mine recharged here in the southwest, at least that will give you a guide price when looking. Its well worth the money also I doubt that its covered in the 3 year warranty as you are said to lose 12% effficency per year any way so there must me natural wasteage. Hope this helps
BB

Household refridgerators don't lose 12% a year - what's different about cars?

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

cars?
Christ! Yes ok I see.
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:23:07 +0100, Nick Bailey /////

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

Drop it in to a dealer amd see what they say. The aircon on the Mrs's Punto stopped working and we had a new evaporator fitted under warranty. Its bust again now though...
Dave
Will depend on the fault.
If it is a loss off gas due to natural wastage then I doubt it. If howver there is another problem, e.g compressor failure etc. then it should be. The only was to find out for sure is to book it in for a test and recharge. Prices will vary. If you go to an independent and they find a fault then you will have to pay for their work and gas if you take it back to a Fiat delaer for a warranty claim. Do it all in a fiat delear and there is no problem then you will potentially end up paying more.
I would sound out the Fiat dealer saying you can get an aircon service for cost A at garage A and what can they offer in the same ball park bearing in mind that if a warranty claim is on they will just hit Fiat/Insurer with the bill which will be better for them.
With regards to Fiat 2 Year and Delaer/Insured 3 Year warranties I believe that the 3rd year cover is pretty good. The only grey areas start to come in things like clutch plates etc. where wear could be a factor. With Fiat you can generally argue the toss. With the insurer it could be an uphill struggle. Only my personal view as I have never yet (only one month to go) hadd to make a claim in the third year.
Nick /////