Punto Blaupunkt problem

The Blaupunkt San Remo CD31 radio/CD appears to have shut down. It won't come on by pressing to normal on/off button. I noticed that if I press the menu button the display panel comes on with the time display
and goes off again after about 5 seconds. ANy suggestions on what may bbe the problem? TIA, Ned