Punto bonnet catch won't open

Could anybody tell me to release the bonnet on a 2001 Punto? The bonnet release wire has broken, pulling from inside of the car just pulls the wire out of the inner cable. I can just see some of the mechanism by squinting up
through the gap in the front bumper and could probably get a long thin screwdriver in. Advice would be appreciated,
regards,
David
Add pictures here
✖
"" wrote: > Could anybody tell me to release the bonnet on a 2001 Punto? > The bonnet > release wire has broken, pulling from inside of the car just > pulls the wire > out of the inner cable. I can just see some of the mechanism > by squinting up > through the gap in the front bumper and could probably get a > long thin > screwdriver in. Advice would be appreciated, > > regards, > > David
Finally managed to release the bonnet, was fairly straightforward. Now all I need to do is obtain a new cable.
✖
"" wrote: > Could anybody tell me to release the bonnet on a 2001 Punto? > The bonnet > release wire has broken, pulling from inside of the car just > pulls the wire > out of the inner cable. I can just see some of the mechanism > by squinting up > through the gap in the front bumper and could probably get a > long thin > screwdriver in. Advice would be appreciated, > > regards, > > David
hi there, i’ve just had exactly the same fault happen with my punto ( bonnet will not open/ cable does nothing!) how did you solve this?
any help, thanks
niel
✖