Punto Brakes Service Cost

Dear Group,
my partner has just had her Punto ELX 1.2 8v main dealer serviced (3years although only done 25k miles) and has had to have the front pads and rear shoes replaced which is fair but...
I feel the labour cost of 95 + VAT was unreasonable.
At the same time the car has failed its MOT due to emissions, with a (not in stock) part being needed to fix.
I feel this should have been picked up during the service thus avoiding a retest fee.
Can anyone comment on these two issues, please?
TIA, Colin Smith

Colin, you are paying main dealer rates. 95 (the VAT goes to the Government, don't forget) is probably only 1 hrs. They probably did the job in less than an hour, but the time allowed and charged for is set by Fiat.
As far as the MOT failure is concerned, your dealer should not charge a retest fee if the repairs are done by them.

tyre/exaust place, most do brakes as well. Even cheaper is to DIY, the cost of a manual is recouped just doing the front pads. Not a difficult job, and I can normally do it in less than an hour for front or rear pads inc giving the brakes a good clean and the once over.
Mike
Dear Group,
thanks for the feedback,
regards, Colin Smith