Punto Diesel dashboard light

Hi I have just had my mk1 Punto 1.7 TD Diesel serviced. When i turn the key to start it, on the left of the dashboard panel next to the orange glow plug symbol another light flickers on next to it. It is ornage, like a
petrol can with wavy lines at the bottom of it (it's not the petrol can symbol for the oil as that comes on on the ohter side of the dashboard.) It has NEVER come on until i got the service done yesterday and there is nothing in the manual about it. More than anyhting it's really bugging me!!! thanks

How old is the car, more recent Fiat diesels have a sensor to detect excess water in the fuel filter. I would have expected the fuel filter to have been replaced during the service or at least had the condensate removed - possibly the garage disturb the sensor somehow.
Andy
Andy
the car is L reg (1994)

Not likely to be the water in fuel filter sensor then as I don't think it would have been present on a 94 car.
Andy

Hi,
Could you check the following page and tell us which of the lights is concerned ....
http://membres.lycos.fr/fmsmm/temoins.htm
--

Pascal

I think he has the orange version of the oil light and "If this witness flickers too a long time, it is absolutely necessary to make the appoint under penalty of destroying the engine shortly."
--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com