punto hydraulic clutch slave cylinder leaking...

anyone know if its particularly hard to fit new gaskets or whatever to stop the clutch slave cylinder (the one mounted on top of the gearbox) from leaking?

it doesnt LOOK too complicated, but if its a lot of effort, i might just get my local dealer to sort it...

ta much!

TG

Reply to
The TailGunner

I had to play in this area on our Punto HGT. Fairly straight forward. Replace the whole cylinder and don't mess with replacing seals. New unit is about £52 and from Fiat as far as I can see seals are not available on their own.

Reply to
Nick /////

cool...ta!

now all i have to do is figure out why the fuel economy sucks so badly for a 1.2, and discover where that loud groany/squeaky noise came from this morning...

gah!

Reply to
The TailGunner

Or quite a bit cheaper from:

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Indeed, excellent company highly recommended!

Yet another Dave... (no relation) ;-)

Reply to
davidfarrant

Thanks for the reminder Dave.

I have these guys book marked but by default refer back to my offical Fiat/Alfa parts CD as I can see car details, pictures, availability/replacements and in most cases prices (at any quoted date).

The more of these guys in the after market quality/oem parts business the better as far as I'm concerned.

I find it really upsetting that manufacturers who have bought in production bulk, have the distribution and outlet networks have to charge (in many but not all cases) prices that divert us from the original manufacturer's parts.

I would agree that new cars prices are cut to the bone and the spares business is where the makers make their money, but this seems to have been the case when the cars cost so much more.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////