Punto II: airbag warning light when braking

Hi,

my Punto II HLX shows a strange behavior:

When I tip on the brake pedal the airbag warning light flashes for a moment. Only when I brake serveral times in a short period of time ( 5 seconds ) the warning light stays unlit.

My garage wasn't able to fix the problem. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Reply to
Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann

Could be that the airbag connection under the seat (if you look you can see the cable and a plug), moves when you break (bad connection) and the airbag lights flashes!!...I would certainly have the connection plugs checked), or you can ask them if they have checked the plug.-Some years back I belive Peugeot had to solder these connections instead if using a plug!)

Chr.

Reply to
Chr. L.

you need a new ignition switch to cure the problem bud

Reply to
flynnie

you need a new ignition switch to cure the problem bud

Reply to
flynnie

"flynnie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.c om:

Thanks!

Do you have an explanation how the ignition switch could cause this problem? At the moment the problem is gone but I'm sure it will return sooner or later.

Reply to
Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann