Punto II: airbag warning light when braking

Hi,
my Punto II HLX shows a strange behavior:
When I tip on the brake pedal the airbag warning light flashes for a moment. Only when I brake serveral times in a short period
of time ( 5 seconds ) the warning light stays unlit.
My garage wasn't able to fix the problem. Any ideas what could be wrong?
--
Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann
EMail: snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de

Could be that the airbag connection under the seat (if you look you can see the cable and a plug), moves when you break (bad connection) and the airbag lights flashes!!...I would certainly have the connection plugs checked), or you can ask them if they have checked the plug.-Some years back I belive Peugeot had to solder these connections instead if using a plug!)
Chr.
you need a new ignition switch to cure the problem bud
you need a new ignition switch to cure the problem bud
om:

Thanks!
Do you have an explanation how the ignition switch could cause this problem? At the moment the problem is gone but I'm sure it will return sooner or later.
--
Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann
Henstedt-Ulzburg, Germany