Punto MK 1 Gear stick knob Change - Help Anyone

Hi, I am currently attempting to style the interior of my Punto MK 1. I am looking at purcahsing a new Gear stick Knob. I have taken a look under the existing gaitor and cant seem to fathom out how i take the existing gear
lever off? Is it screw on? if so mine must be damn tight! - I just want to be able to remove it and swap!
Thanking you in advance, Ben Nealon

Screw off!!!!
Hi which way does itscrew off? When i try to screw it both ways (in theory it should screw off anti-clockwise) i feel that the whole gear stick is trying to turn and i am frightened of being too hand fisted and accidently snapping any plastic that can be found at the base of the stick. - whould it be a tight fit? Do you reccomend taking the gator off prior to taking it off? I am right in thiking that with it being push down reverse this shouldnt affect my choice of knob?
Regards, Ben Nealon

the

am
that
It shouldn't matter which type of gear knob you use. They are often on very very tight, it would be worth removing the gator and possibly using a pair of stilsons to support the gear stick.
Andy

very
If you've not got a lift up reverse it's possible it just lifts off. The gear knob on my stilo was like this. I cut a slot in a piece of wood which sat on a bulge in the gear stick so to get more leverage and not to exert too much force on the gear change mechanism.
Mike
if the gear knob is push on - i wont be able to purcahse a new gear knob then will i?
regards, ben

plastic
shouldnt
pair
which

I bought a replacement one off e-bay but most seem to be the same, it came with a snug fitting plasic cap for the top of the gearstick and when the screws on the side of the gear knob were tightened it firmly attached to the gearstick. The screws are hidden by a collar on the gearknob. This fitment is not used on lift-up-reverse gearboxed as it can come loose when you lift.
Mike
Hi, where was this picture obtained?
Do you rekon the gear knob screws off or pulls of?
If it pulls off does that mean that i cannot purcahse a new one? - i understand that they all come as screw on
regards,
Ben

Ben Nealon skrev:

Compact98 CD with data of a lot of Fiat's :-)

My guess would be: Pull

Dunno :-(
--
Regards. Sren C. Fischer