Punto MK II Roof Rack Connectors

Hi! I've recently bought a roof rack for my Punto and upon reading the manual it says to pull back the seal about all four doors and attach the roof rack to the connectors underneath.
I did this with hardly any problems. However, now that I have removed the roof rack, I am having difficulty getting the seals to stay in place.
How much did you pull the seals back? All I do is poke a finger in to find the mounting point then slip the tongue of the roof bar in. When the bars come off the seals aren't _quite_ straight but you don't really notice.
Dave

I visited a fiat garage this weekend and unfortunately it would appear that I have damaged the seal. There is a metal strip inside the seal which has become distorted. I now have to try to persuade the roof bar manufacturer (FAPA) to pay for the damage. I'm going to buy a set of Thule bars this weekend.

We have Thule bars. They're excellent, if expensive and you have to buy the locks separately.
Dave
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with you car and the roof rack
If you have a Punto manufactured after 2001, I have a pair of roof bars for sale that have new been used and are till boxed.
Punto Roof Bars (never used!)60
Also available headlamp protectors/converters with the masks 20 and some wheel trims. Reason for sale - car being p/x on Friday. Seller lives in West Sussex, near Gatwick Airport UK
Interested?

Thanks anyway but I decided to send the Fapa roof bars back and exchange them for Thules. The new ones fit fine.
I managed to get the garage to replace the seal under warranty eventually, but when I went to pick the car up the new seal had arrived all buckled and another had to be ordered. Oh well!!
Ant