Punto Mk2 Clutches

Since we bought a 2003 Punto Active 8Valve the clutch has been fierce to say the least, in traffic it won't let you pull away smoothly, lots of juddering, often stalls. Reported to dealer who said it was a
characteristic! Crap! When it has it's first service the engineer agreed that something was amiss and it needed a new clutch to be fitted under warranty. That was 3 weeks ago after numerous phone calls eventually spoke to Fiat warranty guy, who informed me I was of many. He was under orders from Fiat UK not to process any clutch replacements as some senior engineers from Fiat were comming over to discuss the situation and possible solutions. Whether that is a redesign, or a new supplier, or just relpace, it is not known yet. Is anybody else in the same situation? Ben