Punto recall

Hi all, just want to share with you that my Punto (1998) has to go to the dealer for a recall, it needs some modifications on the brakepipes (corrosion problems).
I am curious if only this serie has to go back, or if it is a general fault on the older model Punto.
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:29:25 -0000, Nick Bailey ///// wrote:
Fiat recalls are rare yes, but sometimes other brands recall cars for certain non-essential things. I had a (known) problem with the eh...clutch? (dont know the english word, the plates from engine to wheels), but i had to pay all of it myself, no compensation. Even the newer model (made since the year 2000) could have the problem i have been told.

--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com

have to pay for the work that Fiat should have done under recall.
On 2 Dec 2003 04:19:29 -0800, Brian Hall wrote:

Well, in Holland the rule is: adding a new component, than they can ask you to pay a part yes (but only if it improves the car quality). I have no idea if this is also for recalls, i guess that is not logical.
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com
in article zommi0y04g0i$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net, Draak at snipped-for-privacy@sig-for-adres.nl wrote on 01/12/2003 16:26:

My T (1999) Punto sporting has just got a letter. I'm in the UK.
I think it had this done as a matter of course when it was last in for a "good tune" at Fiat.
Paul
1999 Fiat Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) And some Saabs :) ... http://saab.go.dyndns.org