Punto Reliability

We have had more problems than we would have expected with our Dec 2000 Punto ELX 1.2 8v which has now covered nearly 27000 miles but has been off the road a couple of times for over a week at a time while
parts were obtained. Have we been unlucky and are other Fiat models plague with these sorts of problems as well?