Punto Series One Product Recall

Anyone else having to take their Punto in for checks on brake pipes in case of corrosion? Mine is a R reg. 1998 model and is having to go into Perry's
for checks/repairs at Fiat's expense (or so the letter says!)
Het is zo dat Leda formuleerde :

Yeps, every MK1 Punto (first model) is being recalled, had my 1998 Punto done a few months ago.
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com

And did it require its brake pipes replacing free of charge, or was it a bit of scaremongering by any chance? lol

Leda formuleerde op maandag :

Nope, it should be done totally free of charge :-)
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com

to arrange insurance cover for the courtesy car they're supposed to be lending me free of charge - everyone seems to think it should be someone else's responsibility to insure the vehicle, the insurance company want to know more and more about it before they'll agree to cover it and I know it's going to be my pocket the extra comes out of in the end anyway. :o(
Let's just hope there aren't any more problems with Puntos or I may seriously consider getting rid of mine.

Leda was zeer hard aan het denken :

Euh, the headgasket is a weak point....mine went already about 2 years ago.
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com

Leda schreef :

You asked for problems, i am just telling you :-)
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com

I guess all tin cans have their problems!

had my 1996 punto done 2 years ago for this recall, it was the first one done out our garage when the recall started.

Well, mine is two years younger so I suppose it vaguely makes sense that it gets recalled two years later!
Hmmmm,better check my 2004 model - it wouldn't suprise me if there was something like that wrong with it...
Mike
--
"Leda" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c5erqi$st1s$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-136915.news.uni-berlin.de...
no recalls on current 2004 model puntos at the moment, however if you own an early mk2 punto there is a tow bar modification and a ecu reprograming recall on 8v models.
Not all puntos require these recalls