Punto Stereo

Hello I have a 2000 (W, new shape) Punto sporting with standard blaupunkt tape deck head unit, 2 front speakers per door, 2 in the back and the 100W sub. In the boot there is the end of a lead poking out that looks like a CD changer lead. Is this there on all puntos, or is it from a previous owner who had a different head unit installed?

The head unit doesnt mention anything about changer control (front or back).

I would like to know if a suitable blaupunkt cd changer (i think its a cdc-a08 10 disc model?) would work if i plugged it into this lead, there is no seperate lead for power, not having any experience with changers i dont know if they need a seperate lead.

Please advise

thanks

Simon

PS any thoughts on improving sound quality without modifying panels etc would be helpful, i know you can get special facia adapters to fit a different head unit but i like the integrated look, and i wouldnt be sure about how to connect the existing tweeters to it.

PPS does anyone else with a sporting find that you only get a surge of power between 4 and 5 thousand revs?

Reply to
Arron Winsor