Punto window condensation

hi

my 1995 Punto has a terrible problem with the inside of the front window screen is always heavily condensated up in the winter. No matter how many time I dry off the screen... it comes back.

The car seems to be dry under the carpets....

HELP please

Joan

Reply to
PjL

I've had this problem with many cars after my wife switches the heated air to re-circulate and not 'new' air coming into the car

have a check, it might help?

omega

Reply to
Omega

Did once have a leaking heater matrix that lost enough water to cause this problem, the water seemed to get trapped in the heater shroud, so didn't wet the carpets.

Reply to
ato_zee

Then you are also loosing cooling fluid... that can be checked ofcourse (mine went not so long ago, but not really wet windows, just a little when using the blower).

Reply to
Draak

I can't help with the problem but I can say that all 7 fiats I have owned had the same problem so if you find a cure please post.

Reply to
john

Try replacing/renewing the cabin air filter.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Thanks for all the suggestions ..... looks like husband will be busy this weekend.

Joan

Reply to
PjL

If it's garaged leave one window open at night, lets the air circulate.

Reply to
ato_zee

Ehm, i am almoast sure a 1995 Punto has no such filter (that is, my

1998 Punto has none).
Reply to
Draak

gives fitting instructions for Fiat Punto 1993 to present.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Another Dave beweerde :

I agree, it is possible to have one, but only the mk1's with airco would have one standard (at least, that is what the Fiat dealer told me in Holland). And indeed, i dont have the "rack" mounted to contain that filter.

Reply to
Draak

PjL stelde de volgende uitleg voor :

But you could check if the draine holes are open and not obstructed by leaves or some other stuff... just to be sure.

Reply to
Draak

Also check the rear windows are tight shut, if you have the 5 door. Both of my Puntos have tended to open a tiny bit and in some conditions a little water will drip on to the rear seat. However, I found that the main times that the front screen mists badly are when the air control is on re-cycle, or the front mats are damp from wet feet.

David.

Reply to
Orangeherald