Punto window condensation

hi
my 1995 Punto has a terrible problem with the inside of the front window screen is always heavily condensated up in the winter. No matter how many
time I dry off the screen... it comes back.
The car seems to be dry under the carpets....
HELP please
Joan
I've had this problem with many cars after my wife switches the heated air to re-circulate and not 'new' air coming into the car
have a check, it might help?
omega

Did once have a leaking heater matrix that lost enough water to cause this problem, the water seemed to get trapped in the heater shroud, so didn't wet the carpets.
ato snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com heeft uiteengezet op 14-11-2005 :

Then you are also loosing cooling fluid... that can be checked ofcourse (mine went not so long ago, but not really wet windows, just a little when using the blower).
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com

PjL wrote:

Try replacing/renewing the cabin air filter.
Another Dave
Thanks for all the suggestions ..... looks like husband will be busy this weekend.
Joan
If it's garaged leave one window open at night, lets the air circulate.
Another Dave drukte met precisie uit :

Ehm, i am almoast sure a 1995 Punto has no such filter (that is, my 1998 Punto has none).
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com
Draak wrote:

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcCFil10_f.html
gives fitting instructions for Fiat Punto 1993 to present.
Another Dave
Another Dave beweerde :

I agree, it is possible to have one, but only the mk1's with airco would have one standard (at least, that is what the Fiat dealer told me in Holland). And indeed, i dont have the "rack" mounted to contain that filter.
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com
PjL stelde de volgende uitleg voor :

But you could check if the draine holes are open and not obstructed by leaves or some other stuff... just to be sure.
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com

Also check the rear windows are tight shut, if you have the 5 door. Both of my Puntos have tended to open a tiny bit and in some conditions a little water will drip on to the rear seat. However, I found that the main times that the front screen mists badly are when the air control is on re-cycle, or the front mats are damp from wet feet.
David.