Question about Fiat Marea 100TD

I just bought Fiat Marea 100 TD. It uses about 8 L\100 km, is it normal?

If you mean 8 Litres in 100 kilometers then NO. Definately not normal. Will more than like fail any emissions test. If it was sold to you with an NEW annual state/country test certificate (MOT in the UK) then I would get your emissions checked and if the car fails go straight back to the vendor and complain, get the car fixed or refunded.
At an old consumption of the size you are talking about there are most likely some very worn pistons rings, bores and valve guides.
Also you won't be able to afford to run the car with that level of consumption!
Nick /////

100/8 = 12.5 x 4.5 = about 56 miles per gallon, which I would say was quite good.
My JTD130 gives around 40 mpg on a fast motorway run
Graham
Aaaaagh!!!!!
Oh why did I think/assume oil!
Thanks for alternative view Graham.
Nick /////

8l/100km > 35 mpg, pretty crap for a diesel.

--
steve

writes

Oops - It's been a long day, and a few beers.
Graham,
If you are talking fuel consumption then looks good.
If you are talking OIL consumption then you have a problem.
Sorry if my post confused you or got you worried.
Nick /////