Radio change

Hi I have a punto 2004. I want to fit a CD player, what type of job is this, plus are the electrical fittings all the same?

Buy a Blaupunkt make and everything should plug in without problems. You may need to also buy the appropriate plastic moulded souuround for the unit. Fairly strainght forwards job where all connections are simple - if you buy a Blaupunkt CD unit - from 50 upwards.
Good luck
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.fiat / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Quite easy.
You will need to buy a plate which blends in with the dashboard and retains the CD/ Radio. You may also need to get adaptor cable to connect the CD/ Radio.
Slip thin 3mm dia pins in the holes in the dashboard around the Readio push in and pulg the complete radio out.
Then unplug the wiring from the old radio and unplug the aerial cable.
Check the connector on the back of the new radio, if its the same as the old one you won't need the cable kit and just plug it in. I?f you do need the cable kit make sure you have the correct one for the new CD / Radio.
Fit the mounting bracket supplied with the CD/ Radio making sure it is secure and cannot be easily removed - if it comes out easily your new CD radio will also come out easily for thieves too.
Feed the cables out through the mounting plate, plug in to the new CD radio - don't forget the aerial cable, and push the whole CD/Radio home. Check it all works before finishing off. Fit and secure the decorative cover moulding to finish off the appearance.
Good luck - it took me about 1 hour in total.