Radio Code for 2002 Punto

Hi Guys,
Had to change the battery but now the cassette player is asking for a key code. Any other way round this other than paying Fiat money for it?
Thanks
The stereo code should be on a little paper along with your manual in the original FIAT blue booklet. Mine was in the glovebox when I bought the car, even if it was a used one.
Alternatively, you wll have to send the stereo to Blaupunkt (I presume this is what you have) in order for the code to be reset. I really don't know why you have to put the code in your stereo, since I had to change my battery (2000 model) in my car last December but the stereo never asked me for the code, despite the fact it is the original in-dash Blaupunkt system.
I would try to get in touch with Blaupunkt to see if they can help before going to FIAT.
Good luck!