Re: Electric Turbo for ALL cars incl. my FIAT 126 BIS for =?ISO-8859-1?B?ow==?=20!!

in article be27rn$6ev$, vlg at wrote on 03/07/2003 22:40:

Having read the blurb you posted, I really wouldn't bother. I remember reading some joke articles about fitting PC fans inline with the air intakes. They look like well manufactured products, but are probably little more than just a fan in a big box.
If, as you say, you can source one for about 20 UKP, then by all means try it out. If it all goes wrong, can you afford for bits of plastic shattering into the inlet manifold? Best get a dump valve as well just in case :)
What power do you have in the 126? Remember, 10% of 200 BHP is 20 BHP and quite respectable, but 10% of 50 BHP is only 5 BHP and arguable as to whether there would be any noticeable improvement. Perhaps one of those turbo whistles for the exhaust would make it feel faster.
1999 Fiat Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) And some Saabs :) ...