Re: Erratic Temp Gauge

it sounds like air in the system as the sender unit may not be submerged in coolant when braking or turning hard. bleeding the system may have a special way to perform this. is the radiator top, below the top of the
engine, if so air will be trapped in the top of the engine, you may have to bleed with the front of the car on ramps and/or look for a bleed point near the top of the engine. their may be a coolant hose up top somewhere where you can do this. run engine warm and while adding cooolant open bleed point till coolant comes out. if this doesn't work, you can try changing the sending unit, very inexpensive. Mike
Andrew P wrote:

Mike,
Thanks the the info, the radiator bleed point is at the top of the radiator and I think it is slighlty higher than the engine. The last attempt to blled it I forogot about eh radiator blled point and only bled at one of the points on the coolant pipes. Will have another go today.
Cheers,
Andy