Re: New Stilo JTD Owner

the dealer should have had a menu price board in the service reception area

car
lady
lot
go

car
lady
lot
go
Congratulations, I have a 5 door 1.9 JTD (115hp) active. I found the fiat sales person to be quite un-informed, he had to either refer to sales material or ask someone for answeres almost every question I asked. It did not leave me with a good impressionand the ng postings and forums seem to confirm that fiat dealers are very ignorant about the car, taking multiple visits to resolve problems and giving poor advice.
The real test will be the dealers efficiency either for servicing or repairs, I've had an uno & a tipo in the past & i've heard all the usual complaints about fiat dealers so I am not over hopeful that they've got any better!! First service due in nov so I will let you know how it goes.
I was impressed with the car and equipment levels (although I've heard they've since reduced standard equipment levels)so I bought a pre-registered one from a car supermarket for a huge discount of list. The downside was very little choice, 6 cars no variation except colour although all metalic. I've been very pleased with the reliability (only six mths old soI should think so!), fuel economy (40 mpg around town), drive and the overall build quality.
The real test will be the dealers efficiency either for servicing or repairs, I've had an uno & a tipo in the past & i've heard all the usual complaints about fiat dealers so I am not over hopeful that they've got any better!!
Mike

dept
did
any
pre-registered
metalic.
any
Mike,
I got mine pre-registered from a car supermarket, did you have to visit a local Fiat dealership afterwards to register the vehicle on their system for warranty and service reminders etc? I got mine at a fairly good price and had choice of any metallic colour or white.
Cheers,
Andy

for
been with the car and as the first reg.owner it's free. You don't need to register for the warranty, I just had to use mine to get a rep.jack, the chap just took the chassi no and my det and it was all OK. Mines a metalic navy blue (not sure if thats the official description), it's a lovely colour and looks even better in the sun. Wish it had a sky roof though! I fitted a sony cd/mp3 player using a fascia adapter.
Mike