Re: Pre-heat indicator / Fiat Marea 100TD

Graham, did it in anyway affect the functionallity of your car before the repaired it? How much did you pay in time and spare-parts?

Regards Henrik

>Mine did that about 2 years ago (JTD 130), and it was repaired under >warranty, they didn't say what the cause was - just 'a fault with the >glo-plug circuit' or something - They spoke German, and My understanding >was a bit useless that day !. > >Graham >

Henrik Juul

Reply to
Henrik Juul

Only took a morning or less to fix, and was under warranty so cost me nothing. Car drove as normal - just a flashing glo-plug light for 30 secs.

Call a dealer, or an experienced Fiat repair garage and see what they think - I'd have thought it would be a fairly well known problem. (maybe we're just unlucky!)

Don't know how many dealers there are in Denmark though - Few enough of them over here in the UK !

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Sounds like you have a glow plug out, the car will start fine with one faulty glow plug in decent weather. If one plug has failed and they all went in at the same time I would get them changed as the others will follow shortly; cost about £100 due to poor access to the plugs and the dismantling required.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P