Re: Puntos and that Squeak

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, AndrewP at snipped-for-privacy@nospamforme.hotmail.com wrote on 04/03/2005 21:15:

>> Does anyone else have that squeak coming from the back suspension on their >> Puntos?? >> >> I have named my Active Sport "Squeak" because of the ongoing problem (been >> in 4 times to be greased, and starts again within 5k miles!!!) >> >> Mike >> > > Welcome to the world of Fiat. Don't want a squeak then get a VW but then > that would be rather drab and boring.

Neither of my MK1 Punto Sportings have had any squeaks. The sunroof makes a "glub glub glub" noise driving fast in the rain and the rear parcel shelf makes an odd resonance ... Oh, and the rear windows creak when it's freezing. My Siecento did have an awful squeak in the OSF wheel arch!

It's a FIAT, mate! Get used to it. You should hear the bumps and rattles on old SAABs and Volvos ... You actually worry when those noises stop :) :)

Paul

1999 Fiat Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) .. and some SAABs :) ...
Paul Halliday

My Gilera Runner 180 scooter and the 125 I had both had more than the bike cost done under warranty!!! It is Italian again, so that is why!

Mike

Reply to
Mike