Re: Radio code

Well with expressions "Darn Flat" you must be from the UK
Radio type will mean next to nothing to most here. No car model etc. etc.
If it is a later Fiat then a code is not required (if the unit is in the
same vehicle) as the radio is tied into the Fiat Code system.
Your best bet is to approach a Fiat dealer with proof of vehicle ownership and they will be able to get the code for you.
Nick /////

snipped-for-privacy@localhost.invalid says...

Indeedy
Ooops. Forgot this was a generic group..
It's a 2001 Brava.

It's certainly asking for a 4-digit radio code, and I don't have one :-(

:-( I was hoping for help, guessing that they'll charge me 20 for the priviledge.
There seem to be loads of 'radio code generators' around on the net, and some posts appear to request and have a code given out as answer. I was just hoping some kind soul might be able to help...

Cheers.
Tatty Bye!

Brava 2001. That helps, but I'm not familiar with the Brava Units.
Hopefully somebody will come to your rescue.
If you have a working relationship with your Fiat dealer (e.g. they service your car or you bought it from them etc. then they should get your code free of charge.
If they won't then I would approach Fiat customer relations (they have a free 0800 number) and ask them to get it for you. If they give you a hard time then given them a hard time back, Its Your car, Your code(s) that Fiat chose to squirrel away with NVRS (National Vehicle Security Register) and keep back from the customer.
I've had a long run-in with Fiat in the past over NVSR procedures and they are perfectly aware of the holes/stupidity of some (not all) parts of the system/agreement they have with the NVSR.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Nick /////