Re: Seicento decent bass

It seems that now you are a family man, it is time to grow up and throw away the boy racer thumpthumpthump kerchi thumpthumpthumpthud childish notions.
You could convert the pram into a semi decent base box perhaps!!!

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:00:23 +0100, Z wrote:

hmmmm,
Well first of having a sub doesn't mean listening to it like that but if the frequency response of the speakers in the car doesn't include much below 75hz, you are missing a lot.
Like I said in my previous post, it doesn't have to be loud, it just needs to fill in the gap at the bottom of the frequency range where the 6x9's and front ones don't do anything.
I will be using the motor most days to get to work, the baby won't be in it then so even if I wanted the loudest system ever heard in one of these cars then I could.
Any more ideas anybody?
Tim

Can you unplug (or alter the wiring connections so you can) the sub when you want to put the pram in? It may reduce the quality of the music but once you have the nipper off you won't want to wake itand whilst it's awake the noises it makes will drown out your sub! I have a 5 door stilo, the missus wanted one of those three wheeled monsters and I have to slide the back seat forward (or take the pushchair's wheels off) to get it in the boot because the wheels are so big (13" chrome wire wheels with 45.100 mothercare rubber, excellent traction in all conditions). It's so big I have to remove all the wheels to get it onto the roof box (420 litres).
Mike