Re: stilo

snipped-for-privacy@nemesis.nu (Neil Barker) wrote:

Hmm... Just when I finished writing all of the below I realised that you're talking about Selespeed, not Stilo in general. Oh well, here goes anyway. :-)
Okey then, here are some first hand experiences of my Stilo that has now passed 20.000 km:
-Stereo, bad reception and problems with lock up when playing CDs. Got a new one that's working fine.
-Display to climate control dimmed out parts of numbers and symbols. Got a new one that is now working fine.
-The red light in the door, that flashes when the car is locked started to flash while driving. Cause; a cable had to be redrawn through the door where it had got twisted.
-The air condition has never worked. I just didn't realise it until spring came with sun and warmth. Reported this a couple of months ago. The shop has still to get it fixed. First they thought it was just out of fluid and filled it up. It worked when they tested it but of course, the system was dry when I picked up the car. So they tried to seal the leaking pipe that they found. It worked when... and so on. Now they've ordered a new pipe from Italy. It should have been here last week at the latest. Still no sign of it. And we're soon leaving for the south of France. We'll have to leave the car at home if they haven't fixed it. Sun and temperatures above 15 degrees means that the interior of the car warms up to almost 30 degrees. I've driven the last 3000 km with the passenger window down. Not fun. Not impressed. Not interested in buying another Fiat.
And of course, there has been a multitude of strange little warning messages about ASR and other things that the shop has had to reset.
All this said, the Stilo is a really nice car to drive and to use. It's comfy, big and quite entertaining when it comes to roadholding, specially in snow and ice where its superb balance shows off.
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no - Fiat Stilo 1.6 3P -02

focus
Mike,
Where did you get it from for that price, best I have been offered is 9899. For 8500 I will buy thid month.
Cheers,
Andy

is
9899.
Direct cars in sheffield (http://www.directcars.co.uk/Templates/main.htm ), they had about a dozen pre-reg stilo jtds all sold in a few days. Makro's car arm had the going at 6999 + VAT at about the same time (dec2002) but I missed out on them! I think it was bit of luckon my part to get such a bargin. Just watch the model specification change in march/april 03 as soon very worthwhile goodies diappeared and the early 2002 models seem to have more problems from what I've heard. The problems are mainly annoying niggles such as tracking (causing premature uneven tyre wear) and are of course covered by the 3 yr warranty. One of the main probs is the dealers ignorrance with some people having to repeatedly visit and harrass the dealer to get a resolution.
Mike
Mike