reset airbag light?

Can i somehow reset the airbaglight myself? I replaced a light in the dash, and since i opened it, the airbag light stay's on... This is a Punto mk1 (1998).
Thanks in advance for anwsers.
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com

Nick Bailey ///// had uiteengezet :

Ah... i had to wait longer, i lost my patience after 10 min. :-) I'll try to disconnect the battery longer. And, if it does not work, then i will just remove the light bulb until the next service :-) (somewhere this summer).
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com
Draak bracht volgend idee uit :

Nope, i had the battery disconnected for more then an hour, the light keeps coming. So i removed the lightbulb for now... july this year it needs a service, i will put the thing in place and let them then reset it.
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com
The fault is logged in non volatile RAM so disconnecting the battery for years will not reverse your problem.
The first time round when you originally disconnected the dash board connectors the ECU was alive, saw the bulb go missing and logged the fault. I don't believe this will reset itself.
If it were the engine ECU then it probably would.
For the engine ECU then even most hard faults will be erased if the engine has operated for x hours and y starts withouth the fault reappearing. I can't remember the the actual figue but it is soemthing like 10 or twenty successive fault free starts AND 20 or 30 hours engine running time without fault before the ECU will clear the fualt down. (Fiat Coupe 20V).
Nick /////
dot com

The fault is logged in non volatile RAM so disconnecting the battery for years will not reverse your problem.
The first time round when you originally disconnected the dash board connectors the ECU was alive, saw the bulb go missing and logged the fault. I don't believe this will reset itself.
If it were the engine ECU then it probably would.
For the engine ECU then even most hard faults will be erased if the engine has operated for x hours and y starts withouth the fault reappearing. I can't remember the the actual figue but it is soemthing like 10 or twenty successive fault free starts AND 20 or 30 hours engine running time without fault before the ECU will clear the fualt down. (Fiat Coupe 20V).
Nick /////
dot com

dot com

If i remember correctly the engine cpu saves the last 64 faults, and counts to "zero" if the particular fault does not happen again. If you want to reset the engine-cpu you can disconnect both batteryconnections and hold the + and - cable together briefly [this is what a friend of mine told me, and he owns a Fiat-dealership so he should know :-)]. Sometimes this works fine. For the non-volatile ram i am not sure if this works. Greetings, E-Cie.
E-Cie beweerde :

Ok, i will have a try this week, i will post my experience here :-)
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com
dot com

is reset the fault by connecting your car to the diagnosticscomputer at your local Fiat-dealer. Sorry. :-(