Seicento Sunroof Woes.

Hi all,
My wife has a (just over) two year old Seicento Sporting that has recently started to rust on the metal surround on the sunroof glass. Our local
dealer (Milford, Staffs BTW) have told us that it is not covered by the warranty as the car is now in it's third year. The service manager also asked his contact at Fiat if they would cover a replacement and they have said no. :O(
So I am basically asking whether anyone else has had any trouble with rust on the sunroof. And also if anyone knows where I can write to or call to try and get this sorted out, as rust on a two year old car is in no way acceptable and if they replace the sunroof will that start rusting in two years aswell? Grrrr.
And on a slightly related matter, the clutch has gone on my 27,000 mile punto. But that's another story. ;o)
And advice would be most welcome.
Reply address not valid. Use: dave at chasebs dot com.