Squeeling Noise

I have a T reg punto and it makes a squeeling noise when changing through the gears after being stood for a couple of hours or more.
Its not a belt-slipping kind of squeel.
I've taken it to a garage and have had a new clutch fitted but still is making a squeeling noise. It stops after 40mph or so and then its fine after being run for 5 or 10 minutes.
Help!
If it squeels whilst the clutch is depressed/being depressed then it is probably the clutch plate thrust bearing. Was this replaced when the new clutch was fitted. If not then I would get the garage to replace it free of charge as, for the sake of 10 odd pounds, they should have replaced it when the clutch was done. To replace the bearing the gearox has to come out of the car again.
Nick /////