Squeeling Noise

I have a T reg punto and it makes a squeeling noise when changing through the gears after being stood for a couple of hours or more.

Its not a belt-slipping kind of squeel.

I've taken it to a garage and have had a new clutch fitted but still is making a squeeling noise. It stops after 40mph or so and then its fine after being run for 5 or 10 minutes.

Help!

Reply to
lanzorj1

If it squeels whilst the clutch is depressed/being depressed then it is probably the clutch plate thrust bearing. Was this replaced when the new clutch was fitted. If not then I would get the garage to replace it free of charge as, for the sake of £10 odd pounds, they should have replaced it when the clutch was done. To replace the bearing the gearox has to come out of the car again.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////