Stereo code problem

Hi.
Please help!
I had to disconnect the battery to do some work on the engine of my Brava. The stereo now doesn't work as I need the code to activate it.
I have been to the local Fiat garage, and they got the code for me (17 for the pleasure). This is not working, so the code must have been changed at some time (the garage couldn't get it to work either). Is there any way to deactivate the code on the stereo (it is a Grundig I think).
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Andy

look in your local freeads (adtrader or whatever) paper, you should find at least one advert in there for decoding radios.
LJ
Hi. Thanks for that, but decoding hasn't worked, I need to totally deactivate the coding system if possible. Andy.

they'll usually remove the code or give you the correct code for the radio if it's been changed
LJ

As 'in2minds' says - I took my old ford one to a car radio place, and he plugged it in to his kit and read off the code - I expect it should be similar for Fiats ? (Now drive a Marea btw !)
Graham

Once you do get the code there is a way to set the radio so that it no longer requires the code to be entered in the event that the power supply fails etc. Sorry can't remember all the details but it is in the manual if anybody has one to hand. I did it with my stereo after the battery was disconnected and I relaised I didn't know the code (fortunately the garage contacted the previous owner for me who still remembered the code!).
Andy