Stilo 2002 Weakness

Petrol filler flap broke off in normal use. Part looks so flimsy that I will not have much confidence in its replacement.
Anyone know if this is a common failure or if there have been any
mods to strengthen this pathetically weak component?
I.L

Never had a problem in my Stilo and this is the first I've heard of any such problem.
I would suggest you replace with confidence as it would appear that there was some manufacturing weakness in you original filler flap.
Nick /////