Stilo JTD 'Engine Fault'

Every now and again I get the 'Engine Fault' message on the LCD screen of my JTD Stilo.
I have found that by switching off the ignition and waiting a moment when I
restart the engine it is usually ok.
When it does happen, if I accelerate hard, that will cause the message to flash up again. On one occasion there did seem to be a lack of power which made me wonder if the air meter on the turbo had broken. But, after restarting, everything seemed fine.
Question is: is this just another example of poor Fiat electrics or is it something more serious?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Jim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ