Stilo JTD 'Engine Fault'

Every now and again I get the 'Engine Fault' message on the LCD screen of my JTD Stilo.

I have found that by switching off the ignition and waiting a moment when I restart the engine it is usually ok.

When it does happen, if I accelerate hard, that will cause the message to flash up again. On one occasion there did seem to be a lack of power which made me wonder if the air meter on the turbo had broken. But, after restarting, everything seemed fine.

Question is: is this just another example of poor Fiat electrics or is it something more serious?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
Jim