Tempra problem - Internal fan not working

Hey all,

Have a little problem with my Fiat Tempra SW from sept. 1993. The internal fan is not running anymore for quite some time now. Unforced air is able to come into the car but the I, II and III mark of the switch are nog working properly. Sometimes the III is working out of the blue but when you trun it to the II the fan goes off again. My gues it?s a loose contact somewhere in the switch. Tried to take the unit with the air switches out but couldn?t do so, the screws above the ashtray are out but it feels like it?s hanging on something. Could anyone tell me how to get the air switch unit out and is anyone familliar with my problem and knows the solution. Tnx very much in advance.

Greetz Michel

PS. I already changed the fuse but didn?t work

Reply to
michel-1982

Not necesseraly, it may be the motor bearing seized up. The fan switch is usually just a set of resistors, and if it's seized up the fan sometimes starts when full battery volts are applied, but not with series resistance. Find the lead out of the speed switch and try energising that to see if the fan is ok. If it is the motor faulty, synthetic engine or transmission oil is a good lubricant for the sleeve bearing. 3in1 isn't, the problem will be back in a week. It may be easier to get a blade off than remove the unit.

Reply to
ato_zee

Try to locate the resistor-set. It is placed near the fan-motor. These resistors easily die. Also the connector to the resistor-set is prone to malfunction (high currents easily give sparks, leading to corrosion and bad contact).

good luck!

f.

"michel-1982" schreef in bericht news:1_612137 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

frans

check under front passanger seat console side, you should be able to actualy see black round casing of bottom side od cooler motor with few fat orange/yollow wires - check them for contacts first, and also check electric safety switch under steering weel.

Reply to
Chupa