Those damn pattern parts

Just had my Punto 90 tested at the local dealership for injection light details of why the injection light was coming on. "Faulty Lambda Sensor"
whaaaaa??? I fitted a new one, shiny NGK from the reputed best motor factor in town. Bought the Fiat part, works a treat
So who exactly says that the pattern part from NGK is correct? Not me that's for sure. I'll take back that 50 thankyouverymuch.
Doubt they'll offer anything to reimburse the 60 for having the ecu analysed. Damnit. Damnit. Damnit.