Ticking noise on Tipo 1.6 DGT

Have noticed recently my Tipo makes a ticking noise which varies depending on engine speed, any ideas as to what may be causing it?
Thanks
Hellraiser........>

Forgot to say, it is definitely the engine making the ticking noise, not anything else.

Hi again
The noise may be tappets, that's the most likely cause of a "ticking" sound. Difficult to say what else it could be without knowing where it is coming from. Are large screwdriver held to the ear with the business end touching the engine makes a good stethoscope. Try that and see if you can narrow down the source of the sound. Be careful of rotating parts and belts though!
Cheers Rachael
PS is that 50 Tipo too far away for you to consider? Let me know if you are still interested in it. I can arrange a trailer, I just don't have space to strip a car right now!

sound.
down
are
Have you got a Tipo for sale for 50? Whereabouts are you?

sound.
down
There aren't any tappets, it's the OHC engine. Seems to be coming from the top, am thinking some of my shims have worn.

are
It was well far away, Teeside I think. Not really worth doing from that far away :(
Hellraiser..........>