Tipo 1.4i.e rear wiper arm

How do I remove rear wiper arm from 1994 Tipo 1.4i.e. Don't want to tug at it too much with no knowledge seeing as washer jet attached. I want to remove as I can hear the wiper motor working but the arm doesn't move. Was wondering if it was just slipping. Thanks.

Reply to
usenet

Lift plastic over cover and undo retaining nut. Wiper locates over a very fine splined and tapered shaft.

Check for swarf that would indicate loss of mutual grip.

Test wiper with arm removed. If if the drive shaft does not rotate then you will have to look at the motro assembly.

Reply to
Nick /////

Ta for that. I did have right idea but plastic cover doesn't seem to want to move easily and was worried about washer jet on it. I'll just use brute force and take the consequences.

Reply to
usenet

Tease it off, but remeber she is a lady :-)

Reply to
Nick /////

"Nick /////" schreef in bericht news:433c4811$0$49807$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...

LOL! But yes, you got a point....;-)