Tipo 1.7 D lost its power

Hi everybody,

the Tipo I drive, 1.7 diesel has 172.000 km, all filters and engine oil are being changed on regular basis; injectors were replaced at 150.000 km. Now the car lost its power at acceleration, when being just minimaly loaded or driving uphill; the top speed reduced from 160 km/h to 140 km/h. Satisfying power can be achieved only on high speed of the main engine shaft rotation (e.g. driving in 4th insted of 5th gear) or/and full gas. The power lost did not appear over night, but it is obvious and it is more perceptible in very hot weather (more than 25 deg. Cel.) There is no engine oil consumption or any black smoke from exhaust. The car simply does not have the power anymore from unknow reason. The fuel consumption did not increase heavily. After fuel filter being replaced (advice from a mechanic) there is no a positive change.

Thanks for help, explanations, solutions !

Best Regards, Klemen

Reply to
Klemen

MAF sensor ??

Almost exactly the same symptoms on my Marea recently.

Graham

[...]

Graham, what is MAF sensor?

Jacek

Reply to
Jacek Bogusz

U¿ytkownik "Jacek Bogusz" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:chl4da$8q3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dialog.net.pl...

Graham, what is MAF sensor?

Mass Air Flow sensor

Reply to
BartoszP

Almost exactly the same symptoms on my Marea recently.

Graham

As Bartoz says further down, it's the Mass Air Flow Sensor (or meter sometimes). It measures the air coming into the engine, then the ECU calculates the mixture etc to make it run nicely. Over time, it can get dirty/gunky, and just stop working. Some say you can clean them but I don't know.

Cost me 200gbp, or around 300 Euros for the part alone. - Might be cheaper on your car (especially since you don't appear to live in the UK !!)

Take it to a dealer, and plug it into the computer.

Hope this helps

Graham

(May also be other things too !!)

Reply to
Graham

Thank you for your answer. Graham, I don't know what kind of engine is using Tipo. I am driving Punto. It has 1,7TD motor without any computer. It has small microcontroller only to measure the temperature of the engine and to switch on and off preheating (I don't know proper English word, I hope you understand what I mean ;) ). In my opinion Tipo has near the same engine. Your Marea has brand new TDI common rail diesel engine. It is diffrent - it is better, I think. I hope ;-)))

Jacek

Reply to
Jacek Bogusz

Hi again, I checked your replies today, thank you! Well, the my Tipo diesel engine has no such kind sensors at all, it's an old and simlple design engine, so there is no electronic at all and it is not a common rail diesel engine. It is not even a turbo diesel ;(

If anyone has some more ideas, you're welcome!

Best Regards, Klemen