Undergraduate

Hi all its Mr Winkey again.
I have just read "Punto Handbrake" by Dan which made me think of something i have wondered for a while.
The handbrake on every cinq i have come accross is total shit unless
you are like me and can nearly pull it out of the floor. My girlfriend can even get it to hold on an extremely slight incline never mind anything steep.
So, my question, is it not possible to just use the hub and drum from another car, like a Fiesta or something small?
Or is there any way of sorting the problem out. A mechanic i spoke to that does MOT's said they just pass them as they never work properly.
Cheers
Mr Winkey
cinq handbrakes can be great but on 90% of cinq's they total crap. the problem is the handbrake links sieze and very few people seem too free them off, also the automatic adjusters dont work so well and the rear shoes end up getting adjusted out by the handbrake cable.

Ey up mate,
sorry it has taken me so long to reply, i have just been stupidly busy lately.
Thanks for your reply, but you have now left one begging question,
How do i free the links? and what and where are they?
Lol, totaly seems like a stupid question i know.
Thanks in advance