Undergraduate

Its Mr Winkey again with yet another question (you are in very big demand, how do you find time to comduct your life. Thats not my question, although you could still answer it. lol)

I want to know if there is any way to adjust the idle on cinq (sporting).

Before i changed the head gasket it idled at bang on 1k, but since i changed it, it idles at about 800.

This isnt that big a deal, but every now and then the engine just gives a little kick like it would like to stall, but only a very slight one, no where near stalling.

So i know i am being very fusy, but i would like to be able to sort this out.

Also, do you know where i can get a front exhaust bracket for it, the first one from the engine. It currently has a snapped bracket that appears to have been a solid one and not flexible like most others.

I though the brackets had to be flexable it some way to allow the exhaust to move. (this is probably why it snapped) I dont think this is the origonal part.

Cheers again,

Mr Winkey

Reply to
MrWinkey

ello again :) the idle on your car is adjusted by the stepper motor which is controled by the ecu, it should be about 800 - 850 ish. the only way you can increse the idle speed is too adjust the throttle cable on the throttle body allthough i dont recomend you do this. is the exhaust braket the one just after the exhaust flexi pipe because they allways brake off, we usually just clamp them back on with a exhaust clamp.

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

This happened to my 8v Punto - I used an exhaust clamp and its been fine since.

Does this happen on *all* Fiat models then?

LOL

Regards

Rob

Reply to
Rob

most but not all :P

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

Hi, cheers for the reply.

The bracket is the first one from the front, just before the cat.

As i said it is a solid one and i thought they all had to isolate the exhaust from the car so you dont get severe noise and vibration.

Im not sure what flexi pipe you mean and havent had chance to get under the car and have a look, girfriend never stops driving the thing. Its either on the move or too F***ing hot to touch.

Its also due for its MOT soon, any tips on things to look out for on it before it goes in. What do they normally fail on?

Cheers Yet again,

Mr Winkey

Reply to
MrWinkey