Uno 1.1ies - acceleration problems

Symptoms: foot down hard on accelerator, you hear the engine rev well, but the car does not accelerate. It will only do so at relatively low revs. Sounds like the car trying to "catch up with the engine". Worse
in 2nd and 3rd gears.
Is this a timing problem?
Any advice gratefully received.
On 16-Jan-2004, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Domo) wrote:

Sounds like a clutch problem, if so, trying to accelerate up a steep hill should also result in lots of revs but not much acceleration. In effect the engine is reving but it aint getting through the clutch to the wheels.

Timing problems are more pinking - too advanced. Sluggish no power - too retarded.
Apart from timing mixture, over rich or too lean, can have a similar effect to timing.

Knackered clutch.
Hellraiser.........>
Thanks for your replies people. Any estimates on what I'll be charged to get this work done for me?
cheers in advance

Around 200 quid I'd say, depending on where you go.
Hellraiser.........>