VIN number location

Hi Ive just bought a fiat punto without the v5 doc and to get a new one I need the vin number on the plate under the bonnet there are 3 lines of numbers and none of them say vin or chasis number can anyone tell me which number is the vin or cahsis number. many thanks colin

Reply to
colin

Ii is the number starting ZFA.

Number should also be etched into the front and rear windscreens (depending on year)

Also located under small flap in driver/passenger side carpet.

Reply to
Nick /////

Hi nick thanks for the information now I can get the new V5 thanks Colin

Reply to
colin

No probs.

When pressed for time, especially with a new aquisition, the obvious to many becomes extremely un-obvious and frsutrating to the new owner.

With the new UK road licensing rules re: on road, off road, in your father's garage, and here is a statutary fine because we just love the motorist! .....I'm already dreading the day I may fall foul of the system because I'm away on holiday for more than 28 days when my renewal becomes true. With 4 cars in the family all with different road tax dates I'm sure to fall foul of the system at some point in time.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////