what switches off rear window heaters?

Hi,

I think that on my Punto that the rear window heater switches off automatically. Anybody know what controls this?

thanks Stephen.

Reply to
rebelbuttmunch

Not totally sure but:

1) when the ignition is turned off. i.e. the switch is not latching, same as for fog lights 2) when aircon comes out of 'defrost mode'

Both apply to heated wing mirros as well.

Reply to
Nick /////

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
rebelbuttmunch

all the electric stuff is run by the ECU. the interiorlight is switched off after a few minutes by de ECU, the light in de back trunk as well. and the rear window heather as well.

"rebelbuttmunch" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
p.v.veltum

"rebelbuttmunch" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Stephen, I'm not quite sure, but it could be switching itself off after approx. 20 minutes or so. Do you feel that's about right? If so, then it must be switched off by means of a timer or something. Maybe one embedded in the body-computer? And Nick is right about the non-latching switches, by the way. Ciao, E-Cie

Reply to
E-Cie

berichtnews: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
rebelbuttmunch

In message , rebelbuttmunch writes

Body ECU controls it I believe, switches off after 20 mins on my marea.

Now, does anyone else's heated rear screen automatically switch on occasionally when you get in the car? Mine does, never sure if it just a random error by the ECU, or there's some clever feature that decides conditions may be right for the screen to mist up and switches it on for you.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

Ok.

I don't think you have a problem.

I asked the boss (my wife) who had a year 2000 Punto HGT, for 5 years W reg. and she has just said that the window heater did NOT turn itself off automatically. This had to be done manually or by turning the ignition off. The non latching electronics/switch would ensure that it did not come on again untill the switch was pressed with the ignition on.

Her Punto had aircon, NOT climate control.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

"Steven Briggs" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@sbriggs.plus.com...

I've read somewhere that when you switch to full-defrost on the front screen the electric heated rear screen switches on also (on some Fiat models). I can tell you my 2003 Punto Sporting doesn't have this feature. Ciao, E-Cie

Reply to
E-Cie