what switches off rear window heaters?

Hi,
I think that on my Punto that the rear window heater switches off automatically. Anybody know what controls this?
thanks Stephen.

Not totally sure but:
1) when the ignition is turned off. i.e. the switch is not latching, same as for fog lights 2) when aircon comes out of 'defrost mode'
Both apply to heated wing mirros as well.
Nick /////

Thanks Nick, but Im nearly sure it switches itself off after a while. At least Im nearly sure it used to.

message
all the electric stuff is run by the ECU. the interiorlight is switched off after a few minutes by de ECU, the light in de back trunk as well. and the rear window heather as well.

Stephen, I'm not quite sure, but it could be switching itself off after approx. 20 minutes or so. Do you feel that's about right? If so, then it must be switched off by means of a timer or something. Maybe one embedded in the body-computer? And Nick is right about the non-latching switches, by the way. Ciao, E-Cie
Thanks a log guys for the replies. I recently had to replace the connection in the boot, that conduits power to the rear window heater, as it burnt out!. I suspect now that the ECU is acting-up, and not switching off the heater. So from now on I'll try to remember to switch it off manually before it burns out again.
bericht

Ok.
I don't think you have a problem.
I asked the boss (my wife) who had a year 2000 Punto HGT, for 5 years W reg. and she has just said that the window heater did NOT turn itself off automatically. This had to be done manually or by turning the ignition off. The non latching electronics/switch would ensure that it did not come on again untill the switch was pressed with the ignition on.
Her Punto had aircon, NOT climate control.
Nick /////

Body ECU controls it I believe, switches off after 20 mins on my marea.
Now, does anyone else's heated rear screen automatically switch on occasionally when you get in the car? Mine does, never sure if it just a random error by the ECU, or there's some clever feature that decides conditions may be right for the screen to mist up and switches it on for you.
--
steve

writes

I've read somewhere that when you switch to full-defrost on the front screen the electric heated rear screen switches on also (on some Fiat models). I can tell you my 2003 Punto Sporting doesn't have this feature. Ciao, E-Cie