wishbone

Hi,

Failed my MOT/NCT (irish)

the bloke was a right fussy b*stard ha ha. Anyway, he said the rear wishbones were kinda 'worn'.

Whats it like replacing those, is it hard, and will I need special tools? I have the haynes manual, and I'll give anything a go :)

The other stuff I failed on I can fix myself Handbrake needs tightennig Battery is 'tired' (told you he was fussy) Registration plate bulb... Engine leaking oil, needs tightening.. (wtf?)

thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Hober Mallow

You don't say what the car is!

Some of your cited fail points don't seem right to me. Looks like the guy was looking for work.

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

Indeed - a tired battery and leaking oil is not a valid reason for MOT failure. My advice is take it somewhere else for a test, sounds like the guy's a prick.

Hellraiser..........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Tired battery ????, This guys doing you. I agree with Hellraiser . As for oil leaks ,Well if the oil leaks out on the floor during the time the vehicle is in the workshop for testing ,Then that is a valid point of the MOT test ,It falls under the heading enviroment , Just a sweating though is no reason for failure ,Has to be a pretty big leak !!!!!!!! All MOT garages have guidelines to follow ,And they can not deviate .No such thing as aTired battery in the MOT test !!!!!

Reply to
psychodad