X1/9 motor swap

I have a 1978 x1/9. I love the car, but sadly It has more problems than the dictionary has words. I am planing on sticking some serious money into the
car, way more than what it is worth. When I do this, I plan on putting a supercharged 350 sbc into the car, a turbo 400 tranny, and a 9" differential. I realize this is going to take a lot of modifications, and a lot of money. I plan on maybe putting a tube frame under the car, and mustang II suspension on the front. I'm just wondering if anyone has attempted to do anything like this before.

the
try on "it.discussioni.auto" there are a couple of guys lovers of this car!
ciao, -- Stuka (25, 130+, MI) /F/I/A/T/ barchetta Momo+OMP BMC+SuperSprint bCI member: #359 http://digilander.libero.it/Stuka78/index.html