10 bolt vs. 12 bolt? HELP Please

Hello i just finished putting my car together its a 1967 camaro with a th350 the motor is rated at 425hp and 420 torque . i have a 8.2 rear end in it and
i need to up grade the gears, because i have 2.73's and i wanted to upgrade to 3.73's with a posi. i figured it would cost about 650 dollars to buy the parts and a 30 pack if coors for my friend to install it. or should i buy a 12 bolt for 850 dollars, that came out of a 1969 camaro? it is a posi but i dont know the gears that would be in it. anyone know?one axle is not "true" is what i was told. What to do????????????????
The 10 bolt rear axles from the 60's were notoriously weak. If your car has the original 10 bolt from 67, you are in dire need of an upgrade. In '71 they changed over to what became known as the "Corporate 10 bolt", these are what the second gen cars used, and are a decent rear end. The 12 bolt is considered to be the strongest rear end GM ever made for passenger car use. If you can find a deal on one of these with the gears you want, snatch it up.
Gary