15x8's on a first gen?

I have access to a set of 15x8 rallys with a 4 inch backset for my 68.can anyone tell me if they will fit and if so what size tire will I need .I dont
really feel like trying a bunch of tires to find out they won't fit.Thanks Bruce

If you have drum brakes on the front, the wheels will hit the spindle arm. 16x8's would work though.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Some are wise and some are otherwise
"RSCamaro" > If you have drum brakes on the front, the wheels will hit the spindle

spindle arm on a drum brake?
do you mean the bearing spindle inside the drum brake? i'm not to familiar with front drum systems. -- http://edmontonssin.no-ip.com http://gopherhunt.no-ip.com
--
i am the darkest (confused)creation of god

No the arm coming off the spindle that connects to the outer tie rod. I think the term might be steering arm.