1976 Firebird power windows stopped working

Hi guys,

I have a 76 T/A and the power windows just stopped working. They worked fine yesterday when I rolled them up but today nothing. I have console mounted switches and I checked their continuity and they are good. I've metered the wiring harness coming to the switches and I'm getting 12V across them. I'm suspecting there is a fusible link or relay or something somewhere that went bad. I've checked the main fuse block and no fuses are blown. There is one round silver plug in device, not the flasher, that has continuity when I meter it but I don't know what it is.

Anybody have any suggestions on where my electrical system has failed? Thanks much!

Andy.

Reply to
andy.belej

Hi Is it both windows? or just one? Does your radio work as well?

CJ

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
yocj

Window motor inside the door. I'm surprised it lasted this long as mine went out at 55,000 mi.

- Camaro Cowboy

CLICK HERE

I'm not surprised. I just put mine up last night and they are 38 years old and have seen some tough times.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

I know what you're talkin' about... My previous owner had it all fubar. The bolt holes were no longer holes but slots so everytime the window went down the bolts would slide making the window out of position. Darn fiberglass. I had to put bolts below the original bolts that hold the motor and epoxy the heck out of it. Works like a charm now. :-)

- Camaro Cowboy

CLICK HERE