1979 TransAm Rear disc brakes & parking brake

I have a 1979 Trans Am with 4-wheel disc brakes. I've had to replace the rear disc calipers and I can't get the parking brakes to work. Setting the brake pulls the levers on the calipers OK and the return springs go from uncompressed to fully compressed (so it's not just a simple matter of tightening the cable). The brake sets a bit on on wheel but not at all on the other. I believe that I have the levers set to the correct positon on the hex nut on the end of the parking brake shaft - I'm not 100% sure here but it seems like I can't go another step? The shop manual doesn't give any hints on the proper way to set up the parking brakes. Is there some other adjustment?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Michael McAmis

Do the discs turn c-clockwise to set initial position relative to the rotor? I recall some Caddy's of about that era had such adjustments--84 Seville, to be one ex. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2