1983 Pontiac Trans Am Girl

Looking for any information/history on the Trans Am Girl that graced the cover of the 1983 Pontiac "We Build Excitement" catalog. This was a full Ponitac catalog featuring an attractive model posing next to the darken 1983 Firebird. She is featured again in the center of the catalog with a black Trans Am (page 16 & 17.) Nothing X rated. Put there was a hard sell for the Trans Am in this catalog.

I seem to recall that back in 1983 she was referred to as the "Trans Am Girl" in the various Trans Am/Firebird clubs of the time. Reciently found my copy of the catalog I filed away 23 years ago and would like to hear from anyone on how Pontiac pulled this one off. It seems this was the next step after the "New kinda WOW" of the 1979 Trans Am that feature an attractive blond in a blue Trans Am less T-tops and a TA 6.6 on the shaker hood scoop.

The big push in this catalog was for the new Firebird with several pages devoted to design and features. That is besides the all new

6000, 2000. 1000 and Phoenix.

Don't have a scanned image to post. Would like to know a little more if anyone can recall. A Google and Dogpile search didn't turn up any references. Don't know if this was a regional catalog or national. I lived in New Jersey at the time so this may have been New York metro region item. Don't know.

The catalog is a GM product and has provisions on the back cover for mailing. Its printed with "Place Postage Here". The is a small 'We Litho Excitement in USA" right above it. On page 1 there is an 'Important: A word about this mailer."

I had picked this up somewhere 1983 New York Autoshow or at my local dealer, can't remember. Any thoughts or bits anyone can pass along?

Will be cross posting this to the Alt.Auto.Pontiac newsgroup.

Thanks.

Reply to
brxsep